Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A New Waffle Is Needed

To quote an old post, the "Waffle Theory" isn't only about moving on, it is about accepting the imperfect waffle; throwing butter and syrup on it and enjoying every bite. But sometimes that waffle is too burnt and the bites you take don't taste so good and sometimes you make a mistake, use sour milk in the recipe and give yourself food poisoning. That is when it is time to give up on enjoying that imperfect waffle and make another; not because you want to, but because it is what is healthiest for you and the other people you share your waffle with.

My focus is not on the past and the many ways I've been wronged over these past 3 years. I am angry, but that will pass. I am moving on because the only way to go is forward. My focus is first on my daughter and what is best for her; second for myself, and third for the animals that also depend on me. We have all been left with nothing, but I am not one to curl up into a ball in defeat.

 Three days ago, we were left with $6 and no car as I packed up our things to leave. Today would have been day 7 of our 7 day eviction notice. Who evicts their own child and her mother in 7 days? I will never understand and I'm not sure that I will ever be able to forgive the total disregard for my child and her well being. Deep breath and move on...

 We are back at my parents' house, where we are safe and warm. I have secured a place for my horses to stay. Charm and hard work goes a long way because people remember you. Dogs and cats are also at my parents. I have taken out my state retirement and have picked up odd jobs to get us by and get a vehicle.

Now that we are safe and have things somewhat figured out for now, my thoughts go to another important person in my life, my daughter's sister and how might she be feeling and dealing with all of this change. I want to talk with her, but I don't know what to say and I don't know how to answer the questions she is going to ask. I want her to know that everything will be ok and that both my daughter and I love her and miss her.

I want her to know that we are going to stay in her life and we will see her every chance that we get. I want her to know that she is a beautiful, smart, wonderful little girl and despite the constant changes in her life she will always persevere. I want her to know that change is good, that it a chance to make things better. Most of all I want her to know that she is loved and that is something that will never change.

#newbeginnings #russelllanpher #rustylanpher #russelllanpheriii #russtylanpherstetsonmaine russell rusty lanpher iii stetson maine bangor maine buckshot maine

No comments:

Post a Comment