Sunday, July 13, 2014

Show Time Baby!

After not showing at all in about 7 years, I made my first debut in 7 years at a local show with Alaric (his first show). My daughter, Audri and her pony, Stella also attended (their second show). Audri and Stella placed 7th out of 7 in Leadline Equitation and 1st out of 7 in Leadline Pleasure. Audri was more concerned with waving to the audience and telling them Stella is her pony than she was about posting the trot. They were certainly the cutest pair there (though I'm a bit biased). Hope you're all ready for a heavy dose of cute!

Loving her pony after their classes (Grammy is holding Audri)



Alaric and I competed in 4 larger classes. Despite a ride that I was overjoyed with (despite his spooking at the announcers booth and picking up the wrong lead to the right), we did not place in our first Pleasure class of around 15 horses/riders. We placed 4th of 9 in Hunter Under Saddle, which I was ecstatic over and placed 7th in Adult Pleasure and Adult Equitation. All classes were against larger classes of seasoned horses and riders so I felt blessed just to place! Until today, I considered Alaric still a bit green. 





He shied away from the announcers booth all day (photo above)



No comments:

Post a Comment